CAM Therapy for Cancer
Cancer is a disease where uncontrolled multiplication of cells, with genetic changes, can lead to malignancy. Many factors can lead to neoplasia (abnormal cell growth), the endpoint of the disease. Genetic changes are part of cancer development, however genetic make-up is not the major proponent in the disease. In fact only about 5-10% of cancers are genetic in origin. The vast majorities are metabolic in origin.
Metabolism refers to how your body converts what you eat and drink into energy. Metabolism is a complex biochemical process, where many factors are involved. Proper metabolism helps drive the body towards homeostasis or balance. When the body is able to enter homeostasis, the cells are able to rid themselves of toxins and regenerate. Abnormalities in metabolism can cause the cell to malfunction. Therefore, with cancer being primarily a metabolic disease process, we must focus the attention on the malfunctioning of cells.
There are two reasons for our cells to malfunction: toxins and malnutrition. Environmental toxins saturate our world today. We are bombarded with pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, mold, air pollution, household products, pharmaceuticals and heavy metals. Malnutrition is a result of poor choices for nutrition. The standard American diet lacks the proper nutrition needed to properly nourish cells for optimum function. This lack of nutrition is a form of cellular starvation, which can lead to altered cell metabolism.
Often times we do not recognize the effects of these two reasons until significant cellular dysfunction is already occurring. However, the signs have been there for years and could include fatigue, weight gain, chronic pain, constipation/diarrhea, cholesterol issues, sleep issues, etc.
Other factors that play a role in cellular dysfunction include mental/emotional balance, stress and lack of exercise. Your mental/emotional state can directly influence your physical/chemical state. Interestingly, stress can be relieved and balanced by exercise.
Many factors can cause problems in an already taxed system. For instance, an over-active immune system, as in the case of chronic allergies, leads to systemic (all over the body) inflammation. This leads to decreased circulation, accumulation of metabolic wastes (free radicals, acid-base imbalance, oxygen deprivation, etc.) and fatigue just to name a few.
Cancer cells affect many systems of the body, so therefore the treatment needs to address the many systems of the body. The gold standard of cancer treatment currently is chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. These treatments focus on gross destruction of cellular material in order to beat back the cancer.
Our treatment at Aurora Integrative Health approaches cancer by addressing the malfunctioning cells metabolic processes.* We use a series of testing and advanced treatments in order to accomplish this goal. Our approach can be used with standard cancer therapies.
- A system that evaluates structural, chemical and mental aspects of health using manual muscle testing combined with other standard methods of diagnosis. AK, a non-invasive system of evaluating body function that is unique in the healing arts, has become a dynamic movement in health care in its relatively short existence.
- An approach that analyzes the body systems and not merely just symptoms. It assures the right treatment at the right time.
- Many health care providers including Chiropractors, MD’s, Orthos, Dentists, etc. utilize this type of system.
- An art that deals with influencing the nervous system at the foundational level through non-invasive, non-surgical manipulations.
- Traditionally thought to be for headaches, neck and back pain; current research is showing its positive adjunctive therapy effect with multiple other conditions such as ASD, traumatic brain injury, cancer (pain relief and increased mobility), sports injury, etc.
- Proper, guided detoxification protocols that promote healing while protecting vital organ function.
- Each case is different. Most detoxification programs last between 3-9 months.
- Protocols are based on what the doctor finds during the course of treatment.
- Pure, specialized herbal and plant remedies are used.
- Colon Hydrotherapy
- IV Therapies
- Lymphatic Drainage
- EMF blocking recommendations
- Foods we eat either help or hurt us
- Dietary guidelines will be set according to nervous system dominance. (i.e. whether we are stuck in “flight or fight” or “rest and digest” phases of function or of mixed dominance.)
- Often times blood work, allergy testing, imaging etc. is needed to analyze and monitor your biochemistry and structure. This allows us to properly address the issues and promote proper physiology.
* Aurora Integrative Health does not diagnose, treat or claim to reverse cancer.